The American MGB Association (AMGBA) held its 39th annual meet in Waynesboro, Virginia this year from September 30 thru October 1, 2016. The event was held in conjunction with “The Shenandoah Valley British Car Festival” which has been going for the past 35 years.
The 2 day event began with a Friday night reception that had videos in the background and was an opportunity to get together with old friends or meet new ones. The Car Show on Saturday offered music, door prizes, and food. Waynesboro is the home of Fishburne Military Academy and is only minutes from the famous and scenic Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Parkway. These are a joy to drive, and offered a beautiful view of the fall foliage. Thanks to Mike FitzGeorge and Mark Brown for their cooperation in organizing this event.
The AMGBA officers were kept busy throughout the car show with member inquires as well as signing up new members for the association.
Next year’s meet is still in the planning stage. Keep an eye on our web site (www.mgclub.org) or in future issues of the Octagon for details. This year’s MGB, MGB-GT and Midget winners are as follows:
CLASS K – MG Midgets/Austin-Healey Sprites
- Bill Krzastek, ’59 Austin- Healey Sprite, Waynesboro, VA
- Jorge Antezana, ’74 MG Midget, Corapeake, NC
CLASS N – MGB-GT/MGC-GT
- Craig Cummings, ’69 MGC-GT, Williamsburg, VA
- Gary Edwards, ’71 MGB-GT, Kernersville, VA
CLASS W – BEST IN SHOW
- Jimmy Harris, AC Greyhound, Middleburg, VA
CLASS P – MGB-CHROME BUMPER ROADSTER
- John & Cindy Hull,’66 MGB, Palmyra, VA
- Jim & Ellen Conley, ’69 MGB, Troy, VA
- Greg Hastings, ’71 MGB, Roanoke, VA
CLASS R – MGB-RUBBER BUMPER ROADSTER
- Greg & Donna Jones, ’80 MGB LE, Eagle Rock, VA
- Peter Kareski, ’77 MGB, Front Royal, VA
- Kenny Grandle, ’80 MGB, Unionville, VA